I'm Jim Williams, a recording and mastering engineer based in the Welsh border town of Oswestry, Shropshire.
I produce and master from my studio Wow & Flutter and also freelance at other commercial studios. I also work in live sound and A/V.
I'm an experienced audio engineer, producer and arranger with great ears and attention to detail. My studio work has been played on national and local radio and as a live sound engineer I have also mixed in venues across Europe and the UK.
Talk to me about :
- Studio & location recording : expert in multitrack studio recording, editing and mixing - both in analogue and digital.
- Mastering : making your mixes come alive and turning them into a finished record with expert care, taste and attention to detail.
- Production : developing new recording projects with production and arrangement ideas for solo artists, bands, choirs and orchestras.
- Mixing : a fresh perspective and radio-ready mix from your multitrack recordings
- Restoration : Transfer of archive audio from reel to reel, vinyl, Minidisc, DAT and cassette
- Tru-Tape : Processing your multitrack tracks, stems and mixes with real tape on an amazing sounding Studer A80 and delivered back to you ready to use in your DAW project.
- Portastudio Transfers : I can provide professional audiophile transfers of your old 4 track and 8 track cassette recordings running with or without dbx noise reduction for use in your DAW - or get me to remix the archive material for you.
- Rentals : I can provide audio and visual equipment for a variety of events, tailored specifically to your budget needs.
Please call or drop me an email to discuss your project or get some advice.